Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ten

Today was the first day of the Kevin Crowe workshop. The group decided to work on tea bowls, large pieces, tea pots, and baskets. I threw four tea bowls, and started to get the hang of it by the fourth. I then threw 10 pounds of clay to start the large piece. The most clay I had ever attempted to center and throw before was 4 pounds, and I was less than successful. But today I threw 10 pounds for the base of my piece. Tomorrow we'll add to the pieces to increase the size. I started on the tea pot, but I'll have to continue with that tomorrow, too. I can't wait to get back and see where Kevin takes us.

1 comment:

threeoldkeys said...

Ten pounds. wow. that sounds like so much .... how heavy is 10 lbs, post-firing?... i wonder.

hope your whole workshop was Fun and Inspiring.