Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blog By The Bay

Last week I was beyond thrilled to find that I had sold two items to a well-known figure/blogger in the design world. The username rang a bell, but it wasn't until I was able to go look into the profile that I found out who would be receiving my little Ball glass jelly jars. This is her biographical snippet from her Etsy profile: "sfgirlbybay, aka victoria smith, is a san francisco based blogger, photographer, graphic designer and bonafide flea market queen. victoria smith is also the editor/writer of sfgirlbybay, one of the West Coast’s leading interior design blogs, featuring new product reviews, shopping tips, including art, photography and design resources, as well as home entertaining and lifestyle stories." Today, as I was checking my Google Analytics, I had a huge bump in site visits, and they were referred from her blog. I am so glad that she is happy with her Ball jelly jars, and I am thrilled to know they went to a home that will truly appreciate them. They are also so much more attractive in her photography than in mine. The rosemary sprig is perfect. The other items in the collage above are from an Etsy seller I'd be flattered to be next to any day - ethanollie's trampoline.
Above are the little vintage extras she received from trampoline and me. I sent the Audubon card, and it appears she received photos and one of those fortunes you received from a penny scale back in the day. They would all go straight to my inspiration board (that's where the Audubon card came from). I encourage you to lift your fortune (it doesn't cost a penny!) and visit sfgirlbybay; it's a fantastic read, and we know she has to be wonderful if she is one of my customers. And Victoria, I had never seen vintage jars like those, either!

No comments: