Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fruit Cake

It's fruit cake time. I thought I would collect a bunch of fruit and cake related items on Etsy for the occasion. (The above fruit cake clock is from IMOTIME.) Etsy has a a bushel and a peck of fruit, so I narrowed my search to fellow members of the Design Style Guide team. I then culled some cake-y items from Etsy's many goodies.
TorrieSmiley has this lovely Golden Pear With Red. I really love the colors incorporated in the pear and the background.
I've been admiring wheel-thrown pears, and I really like this one from Patspottery.
Above is a vintage water color study of pears from saltydoghome (not a DSG member, but I love the shop and this painting begged to be included).
These plums from OriginalsbyParis are mouthwatering.
These blueberries are photographed by octoberphotography. I'm not a big fan of blueberries for eating, but these just might change my mind...
Don't you want to pop these raspberries in your mouth? Pluck them up at lynncyrart.
This Ugly Pear from f2images is actually quite visually pleasing, isn't it?
ElizabethGraf has this original oil painting called Christmas Oranges.
I couldn't believe this find from 27lauriebethbeggin - recycled antique stained glass fruit.
Let the little bird on the edge of this dessert plate gaze at your fruit cake. Find the sweet bird (and plate) at whitneysmith.
This vintage Arabia of Finland platter looks so chocolate-y good I might confuse it as part of the cake. PlanetTrout serves it up.
Any dessert would look more special on this elevated platter from mepottery.
Your guests will love even the hardest fruitcake on these textured plates from justmare.
Cover up exactly how much you partook with this vintage cake plate with metal cover. The label on the lid will remind you to have your cake and eat it, too. At jenstar68.
I can't get enough of JDWolfePottery. Lily pad plates would go over well at any gathering.
Maybe you are serving cupcakes. Surely you will then need a cupcake stand like this one from jansonpottery.
ImSoVintage has this great vintage Mikasa platter. I would eat all the cake just to see the pretty flowers.
Highstreetmarket always has the most elegant vintage finds, and this milk glass cake platter doesn't disappoint.
Brighten up your fruit cake with this blue and yellow elevated cake stand from FourDogDay.
I love these wood fired cosmic dessert plates from firstbridge.
Serve up some tranquility with these dessert plates from coloradopottery. The dragonfly and willow design is calming in its simplicity and tone.
Before you can serve cake, you need to make it first. Stir it up with this batter bowl and [wooden!] wisk from Adornyourself.

6 comments:

adornyourself said...

You have made such wonderful and appealing selections, I am a big fan of pears, and the pottery selections are terrific. Thanks for having over .

SImple and Serene Living said...

Yummy!! Thanks so much for including my platter in this fabulous collection. Laura

pat's pottery said...

I see a lot of my favorites here">)

Whitney Smith said...

Thanks for featuring my bird plate on your blog. Such a nice collection all around!

f2images said...

Delectable picks!! I especially love the little bird plate!!

Lynn Cyr said...

Wow, you're making me hungry with all these lovely items!! And thanks for including my raspberry painting in your lovely post! :)