Monday, July 19, 2010

Glazes

I just bought some glazes for my home studio, since I'm approaching the time when I'll have a few kiln loads worth of bisqued pieces ready for glazing. It was hard to choose just a few, but I had to narrow it down to just a few among the vast selection of options out there. Above is turbulent indigo, below is oatmeal (which had more brown speckles than the sample shown the last time I used it).
The next one is emeraude.
I also ordered some golden luster, which I use regularly at Manassas Clay, and soda ash, another favorite of mine. Below is spotted blue, which I resisted ordering just yet. It's actually basically the same glaze as turbulent indigo, but with less cobalt. But it sure is purty...
I can barely wait to get started with the glaze tests!

No comments: