Monday, July 26, 2010

Faucet Rack

Yesterday I finished a project I've had in the works for years. A long time ago I found these faucet hooks, and knew I would use them to great effect. Our laundry room/mud room has been in need of sturdy hooks for the dog leashes. I saved a few pieces of the wooden pallet my kiln was delivered on, thinking I would use them for something.
Combining all the parts, plus a few screws and a molly bolt (most of the screws went into studs), and ta da! we have a faucet rack!
The hooks accommodate the leashes nicely, and I can even hang my saddle bag.
I'm pretty pleased with the results, and feel justified in holding onto the faucet hooks for so long, waiting for their perfect purpose. I'm also thrilled that I was able to repurpose some of the pallet, to which I have an irrational sentimental attachment.

No comments: