Monday, June 21, 2010

Random Collection

While in Chicago, I started taking pictures of manhole covers. There were so many different designs, and so many different utilities. I was captivated by the magnitude of the hidden underground network that runs a city. Of course, I couldn't capture all of the ones I wanted to - many were in the middle of the road, as I was scurrying across. I may have to revisit this idea. Wouldn't it make an interesting art installation, a collection of utility covers? (Just say yes.)

4 comments:

oh, albatross said...

i love the spider-webby dharma-initiative ones. i like your collection!

p said...

haha i've posted about these types of covers too.. love them!

NewDominionBlues said...

Paula, isn't that funny? I am so glad I am not the only one! I love your urban pictures.

p said...

i saw a blogger from mexico that was obsessed with them...their whole blog was man hole coverings etc. it could be worse (for us) eh? ;)