Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chi Town

On Tuesday we'll be heading to Chicago for vacation. We haven't been in a few years, so we're really looking foward to it. (Chicago train steps photo above by rebeccaplotnick, Chicago Loop canvas below by bigNickelgraphics.) I'm sure we'll be taking plenty of public transportation and checking maps, even though we've been to the city many times. (Chicago in pen and paper by studiokmo.)
Our main mission is to attend the annual Chicago Blues Festival. (Blue Chicago, RetrospectPhoto.)
Chicago has such a great skyline. (Chicago skyline plate, printedg.)
Our favorite is the John Hancock building, since we got engaged there. I'm sure we'll find time to stop in again on this trip. (John Hancock Chicago, from ktwphotography.)
The Bean is super fun, too, and I know we'll be spending a lot of time traveling around, next to, and under it. (Below, Millennium Park, geminicomplex.)
Even the place names associated with the city make me happy. (Chicago typography type print, PaperBleu.)
We may pay a visit to the Shedd Aquarium again. (Shedd Aquarium Octopus, also by geministudio.)
So look for us in the blues bars, at the sites, and on the streets of Chicago. (Chicago Love, artsharkstudios.)
[I feel compelled to note that anyone who thinks this is a great opportunity to burgle my house should know that my sword-fighting brother will still be here. The shop is still open, but I won't be able to ship orders until my return.]

1 comment:

Marquise Style said...

Have fun in Chicago! I hope I will go to San Francisco this summer. :)