Saturday, July 25, 2009

Retirement

A number of retirements have been announced lately that will surely have an impact on my day to day working life. I would like to announce another retirement. Though this pair has seen me through more projects than I can recount, I must regretfully retire my project pants. These jeans have been with me through home improvements and art projects. The knees are ripped.
There are remnants of painting the dining room.
And the project room.
And any other number of painting projects.
There is also evidence of grouting projects.
But the colorful spatters of projects past isn't the cause for this retirement.
It's the gaping hole in the back.
Thank you, project pants, for your years of service, through two homes and countless projects. But don't worry, I won't be sending you out to pasture. I have plans for your denim, and you'll have a leg in future projects...

No comments: