Friday, July 10, 2009

Pottering

I recently brought home these soy bottles that I made in class. I'm not thrilled with how the glaze turned out, but the forms are okay. I intend to try again, and hopefully the glaze will turn out better. I threw these using JB Speck, which fires to a biscuit-y brown with speckles, which I really enjoy. Pottery gives you so many opportunities to mess up a good thing - throwing the form (it can go off center, get dented, collapse...), trimming (the number of "flower pots" I have generated due to accidentally trimming the bottom until there is a hole is sad), and glazing (I may have to change the theme of this blog to be one of those Fail Blogs...).
And now for something completely different: some hens and chicks that I had in a pot last summer have come back with a vengeance this year, and look at these crazy blooms they're sprouting!

No comments: