Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good Fortune

This is what 2 or so decades of fortune cookie fortunes looks like. I've been saving fortunes forever. My family all knows to just give them to me at the end of a meal. Only in the last year or so have I successfully gathered them all into one location. Having fortunes fluttering all over my wallet, purse, desk, and house was getting to be too much. And I think this is a pretty excellent use for a jar. When I was a kid, I saved them so that I could "do something with them someday." (I also collected colored foil candy wrappers for the same purpose. I eventually threw those away...) I've thought about decoupaging them onto a lamp, making a poster, or stringing them together (to the moon). But for now, they're safely stowed and continuing to slowly multiply.

No comments: