Monday, June 1, 2009

French Trimmings

Continuing my theme of French Finds, I wanted to share some of the materials and supplies I found while in Paris. While at the antique market, I found a fantastic little shop with more beads than I have ever seen in one place and a wall full of bolts of trim. I bought only one meter of this trim below. I bought two meters each of the thinner trim. I am sure I will find a use for all of them, and as I don't sew, I will have to enlist the able help of my mom. I thought these ceramic beads with flowers painted on them were quite charming. I was prepared to spend a lot of money on beads in this shop, but miraculously, there were only a few that I hadn't seen before. All of the beads I bought are in the bowl below. There are (ceramic? polymer?) blue spacer beads that have a metallic glitter to them, near-chartreuse green stone beads, and larger black agate beads with white banding.
In another shop in the same antique market, I found these slateplates. They each have a hole drilled in the top - I plan to hang them from metal hooks and use them as price tags.

No comments: