Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catching Up

There are a few things I've wanted to share from the last few weeks. I potted a small piece of jade that I had been rooting. I used a short copper and brass goblet that I thrifted, but decided I couldn't part with.
Similarly, I planted some chicks in a pair of copper cups that I just had to keep.
The wall pot below is one of my most recent pieces to come home.
This metal stand is one of my best recent thrift finds. I actually found a pair of these black stands, and I knew immediately that they are exactly what I have been looking for. They are perfect for hanging my wall pots for pictures.
These photos feature my longest lasting air plant.
Even more exciting than my thrift finds is the purchase I made last week from solsticehome. It's one of my favorite vintage shops on Etsy. I couldn't get these vintage pots out of my head, so I finally ordered them. I love them even more in person - I plan to use them as models and inspiration for making vintage-inspired pots.
I use a spray of honeysuckle from my yard in these pictures.
This last photo is of two tea bowls I recently made using 266 clay. I've been practicing the organic form from the Kevin Crowe workshop I took in March. I threw these at home, and fired them at Manassas Clay. I glazed them with Smokey Brown, dipped the tops in Italian Straw, and dripped Opal glaze on them. I didn't expect the Italian Straw (typically yellow) to go blue-gray, but I love how it turned out. You just never know with those tricky kiln gods. (The t and B are for tea bowl.)

I also want to direct you to a lovely blog that featured one of my items - Random Occurances, written by a fellow Etsy shop owner. Check it out, and visit her shops, too if you get a chance - WantedCreatures and MDCardsandGifts.

4 comments:

Mags said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog and shops! I love your blog, the pictures are great. You can get so much more out of photos sometimes than words. I got my treasury on Etsy too so now you can see your lovely 3 there for about 30 more hours! =)

NewDominionBlues said...

Thanks so much for your kind words! It is a lovely treasury.

sue@solsticehome said...

Hi Tracy
Just now catching up on some blogs and look what I found..your lovely mention of my shop and the photos of the pots. You are so sweet, Thank You. I'm loving your new work and the photos of your studio.
Sue

NewDominionBlues said...

Thanks, Sue! I do love your pots!