Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Potato, Two Potato...

Three Potato Four! Through the winding paths of clickable links on the internet, I stumbled into a great online shop yesterday. This shop is based out of Reston, Virginia, a short hop (no skip or jump) from where I grew up in Herndon. The shop owners also have a blog. They have great decor ideas and vintage finds - it's like browsing through a well-curated antique store and avoiding all the junk you don't want anyway.
I made two purchases - a wooden box that says "PROPERTY OF PROCESS PLANNING," which is perfect for me - given that I am enamored with local governments and my predilection for process planning. The box is in this picture that is on their homepage:
I also bought a vintage laundry bag:
Vintage 1950's industrial laundry/dry cleaning bag from "Hanover" cleaners. Bag is made of heavy canvas and has grommet holes along top with heavy rope closure. Bag is in worn, weathered vintage condition.
Hanover is another locality in Virginia - my brother-in-law lives there. I think I'll either hang the bag in the laundry room or in our master bedroom closet.
If I had let myself indulge more, I would have bought these fantastic hardware store drawers,
and this cool wooden pulley.

No comments: