Thursday, February 19, 2009

Alignment of the Mossy Cosmos

Maybe 6 months ago I decided I wanted a few terrariums. They're mossy, they're easy to take care of, and they're a cool combination of nature and glass. They're also plants that I don't have to worry about the dogs digging in... I put three together; two under glass cloches and one in a glass lidded terrarium. I've been thinking lately that I should try to make some stoneware bases for my cloches.
This morning, the Washington Post was delivered to my office. We don't have a subscription, but sometimes they deliver it hoping we'll get attached and subscribe. We used to have a subscription at home, but we cancelled it because it got to be too much paper in the house, and we only ever looked at a few pieces - the crossword puzzle, the Sunday magazine, and the Thursday Home section. Happily, today is Thursday, so our delivery included the Home section. I immediately pulled it out, and saw that there was an article about terrariums, and noted to myself that I should read it.
Later in the day, I noticed an Etsy shop had favorited mine - I like to look at everyone who has favorited me, and I was pleased to see that it was a fellow Design Style Guide member whose shop I had previously admired. She puts together these great terrariums...
I started thinking I should do a blog post about terrariums. And then I got an email notification saying that the very same shop owner had commented on my blog post about maps.
The mossy cosmos were aligning, and I decided I must obey their call. Lady Farrah is an easily-recognized Etsy shop that you see in the treasuries and on the front page often.
This is a sweet little one.
Make your own terrarium with her kit.
She sells these cute monograms for your terrarium, too!
She also has a really cool blog. I recommend checking out her shop and blog!

No comments: