Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Establishing a Baseline

I thought I would post some pictures of the very first pots I made, so that when I post pictures of the newer pottery creations, readers will have some idea of how far I have come. This is the first pot I ever made. Not to throw her under the bus, but my teacher at Manassas Clay dropped it, which made an already crummy pot worse. I mention it only so that folks don't think I was that bad at first... I glazed it Weathered Bronze.

This is the second pot I made, photographed before I glazed it but after it had been bisque fired. I glazed it Black Lapis, and it now holds paperclips on my desk at work. I think it looks like an inkpot. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I had food poisoning while I was throwing it. I worried for a week that I had some allergy to clay or glaze, but luckily it was a one-time sickness...

This is how I sign my pots.

Finally, here is the first group of little crummy pots that I got to take home, minus the inkpot which went straight to work.

Soon I'll post pictures of some of my progress.

No comments: